Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mounting a garage door opener

I mounted my own garage door opener and it has been noisy for 10 years. The spring broke (no one seems to think it is a good idea to try to fix that yourself) and now it is fixed.

The garage door repairman made it so that the bracket that attaches the opener to the door raised it as high on the door as it could be. It is now much quieter.

He also fixed our smaller door by moving the bracket up and putting a cross beam on the top of the door which I didn't do. That door was bent out of shape by the door opener. It seems to be rather quiet now as well.

Hopefully this tip helps and I will remember it if I have to do another one.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited that is back to normal! I cant wait to hear the garage door when I go home now :D

    ReplyDelete